Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are people who use social networking websites sad?

I used to use both Facebook and my-space and frankly I found them to be a waste of time. Why are they so popular? At uni I got moaned at by other members of my course for my rather frank blogs and all my mates kept trying to lead their social lives via these rather than giving me a call. I stopped my membership because I was fed up with the grief and wanted my friends to get in touch personally. The only good side was that you could browse pictures of fit girls and the uni. This gave me the opportunity to have a good old **** over some of their more risque pictures. Oh Jenny, I miss you! Other than that it sucked!



Are people who use social networking websites sad?blocked myspace





Yes, it's a lazing was of communicating. There's no humanity to it; it's just a medium people use to promote their self-image. I have never used Facebook in my life, I went to sign up once and got bored half way through. I used myspace a few years ago in university and the sole purpose of it was to ignore people I already ignored even when they weren't around. For example, I'd add someone who I knew vaguely but knew was a twat all the same, and when I got the mandatory, 'hi how r u i've seen you around but weve never spoken' I wouldn't write back, purely as a method of keeping them at bay. Another problem was my heightened sense of bravado whenever I was on one; I would go on to group photos of girls and give them all a rating out of ten and leave comments telling people to get a life when I knew the first thing they did when they got home was log in.



Are people who use social networking websites sad?girl myspace myspace.com



They're not bebo, that's for sure!
It's a phase. I hope it will wear off!
it depends what you use it for i agree its stupid to use it in place of something like the phone or msn. For example when u see wall posts that are a second apart its pretty stupid. But i find it useful for somethings. For example when people aren't on msn or at home you can leave them a post that they can get at anytime. its easier and more convenient that calling an answering machine
I use them to keep in contact with family and friends. People have busy lives and usually aren't free at the same time as eachother so its easier to just leave a note or message for them to read when they have time. I however am not a skank though and do not post half naked pictures of me and use it for popularity to feel loved. Some teenagers are just shallow and need a million strangers knowing their life to feel special.
I never used social networking, its just a fad. Plus I don't have any real friends want to talk to anyway.
.....so now you're on Yahoo Answers asking questions that don't really need an answer......hmmmmm.
I agree that these social networks are taking the personal out of relationships. What is so great about contacting somebody via such impersonal means when it is so much nicer to hear somebodies voice? I far prefer a more personal contact than this impersonal atmosphere of the social networks like Facebook and MySpace. I even prefer the phone to chat vehicles unless I can use the voip with a webcam.



I don't think looking at photos and having sex by yourself is really very healthy. Why not go out and find a real girl you can have sex with? You don't have to have a relationship as lots of "enlightened" young women enjoy the occasional one night stand as much as any guy! I also don't know who Jenny is, but if you miss her that much why not contact her and set up a in-person meeting? Just a thought!



Good luck and have a great day.
Personally, I use Yuwie for networking, but only because it pays for everything you do like creating a profile, blogging, viewing your friends pages and the like.



Not looking to establish intimate relationships or anything like that.



Check out my profile at: http://www.yuwie.com/trinale

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this